Three benefits of having your HVAC (Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning) system professionally cleaned:
Better Indoor Air Quality
When your HVAC system is running it takes all the air in the building and re-circulates it 5-8 times in one hour. If dirt, mold spores, insects and other microorganisms sit inside your ductwork they pollute the indoor air that you and your family breathe every day.
- As Canadians, we spend close to 90% of our time inside. (Health Canada)
- Clean air is essential for good health, and this is especially true when it comes to indoor air. (Health Canada)
- 50% of all illnesses are either caused or aggravated by polluted indoor air. (American College of Allergists)
- All of us face risks to our health as we go about our day to day lives. Some risks are unavoidable. However, poor indoor air quality is one risk you can do something about. (MB Hydro)
Lower Utility Costs
HVAC systems rely on the flow of air to heat your home in the winter and cool your home in the summer. When the flow of air is restricted by dirt, pet hair and other debris; your system must run for longer periods of time in order to maintain a comfortable temperature in your home. Running your HVAC system for longer periods of time wastes energy and money.
- In a lot of cases cleaning your heating and cooling system pays for itself.
Fewer Mechanical Problems
When your HVAC system is not cleaned on a regular basis, your furnace has to work harder to pull air through clogged air conditioning coils and filters. Parts wear out sooner, causing inconvenient breakdowns and costly repairs or replacements.
- 8 out of 10 “no heat” service calls could have been prevented if the system was kept clean.